In this Gestalt Intervention Level 1 foundation course the participant is brought into awareness about the self so that, with their own uniqueness and stabilization of a therapeutic relationship, the forms of play as well as gestalt techniques can be integrated. The course includes a PDF study guide, which can be downloaded.
WHO CAN REGISTER FOR THE COURSES
Those belonging to a profession in the humanities like psychologists, social workers, OT, teachers in remedial classes, child counsellors and youth workers are very welcome to apply for the course. The course is suitable for all mental health professionals.
Gestalt Intervention Level 1 course comprises 24 hours of video lessons. There are various exercises which must be done during Level 1 and 1 assignment, which must be emailed to our office.
You are given one month to complete each course and send the evaluation forms to us. After one month per course, you will be disqualified unless you have requested an extension.
COMPLETING THE COURSE AND CERTIFICATION
After the course there are 4 evaluation forms for Level 1 which must be emailed back to our office. After being marked, and you successfully completed the course, your certificate or certificates will be sent to your closest PostNet.
Course members who are registered with a professional board will receive a certificate indicating the CPD credits earned. These professionals need to successfully complete all lessons, evaluation forms and assignments to receive the certificate.
Practitioners who are not registered with a board also need to complete all the lessons, do the evaluations and assignments. They will receive a certificate with the hours and the indication that they have met the requirements for the course.
- Introduction to Level 1
- Lesson 1: The development of a child (Part 1)
- Lesson 2: The development of a child (Part 2)
- Lesson 3: Mid Childhood and Adolescence (Part 1)
- Lesson 4: Mid Childhood and Adolescence (Part 2)
- Lesson 5: Aggression
- Lesson 6: Ethics
- Lesson 7: Summary of Study Unit 1
- Lesson 8: Philosophy, Relationship and Child’s Process
- Lesson 9: Assessment
- Lesson 10: Clinical Observation
- Lesson 11: Video of Relationship
- Lesson 12: Ethical Aspects
- Lesson 13: Child’s Process
- Lesson 14: Exercise of own process
- Lesson 15: Gestalt Approach
- Lesson 16: Rose Bush
- Lesson 17: Ethical Aspects
- Lesson 18: Exercise of Rose Bush and Sensory Modalities
- Lesson 19: Music as Medium
- Lesson 20: Ethical Aspects
- Lesson 21: Mediums and Forms of Play
- Lesson 22: Working Models – Oaklander & Schoeman
- Lesson 23: Video of Sand-Tray Work
- Lesson 24: Biblio Play
- Lesson 25: Next steps