SANDTRAY AND CLAY WORKSHOP
Only at Uylenvlei Retreat – see www.uylenvlei-retreat.co.za – GPS: S34° 34.062 & E19° 27.807
Sandtray and Clay workshops are viewed by some people as the third level in Play Therapy. This workshop provides a deeper level of theoretical interaction and integration. The Play Therapist will be able to bring the client into a deeper level of awareness via the mediums of either sand or clay.
- In this hands-on practical Gestalt Sandtray and Clay Workshop, we explore the healing power of human consciousness and how it manifests on the foreground.
- The sandtray/clay experience will be on a practical base, with demonstration and the opportunity to experience it in the group.
- In the sandtray/clay workshop/s it will be aimed to help you uncover barriers to the child´s deepest thoughts and feelings.
The main topics over the three and a half days will be:
- Materials needed for making a sand/clay scene.
- Exploration of authentic projection (pathways of the Gestalt).
- Applying the Schoeman Model in the sandtray/clay scene:
- including resistance (what to do in a sandplay/clay when the child does not wish to speak about his projection);
- non-verbal communication in the sandtray/clay scene;
- focussing on awareness;
- “what” or “who” shows up in the sandtray/clay scene; and
- what to do if the child wants to stop and put it away before he starts opening up.
- The transformative power of group sandtray/clay work.
Please take note although the topics in both courses to be addressed sounds the same, the awareness exercises in the mediums differ. The Gestalt process will stay the same, but the focal points and strategically intervention is tackled from a different angle and goes to a deeper place within.
This workshop contains awareness exercises and practical experimentation with the mediums.
A few exercises includes drumming therapy, beach awareness exercises, sunrise awareness, labyrinth evaluation in the forest. More info on the Sand and Clay workshop will be available on request.
WORKSHOP FEES: R3 670.00 PER PERSON
Accommodation and 12 light meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are included. Tea/coffee will be provided. No special diets, e.g. diabetic, vegetarian or halal will be catered for. You are welcome to prepare your own meals at your own account.
Transport fees to and from the airport will be charged at R170.00 per person one way, should one wish to make use of it. Transport price may be adjusted due to price increases.
The workshop fee also includes:
Tent accommodation sharing, well equipped on permanent flooring with en suite bathroom. Neat and tidy ablution facilities also available. Four people of choice sharing a tent. The tent accommodation, meals and course fee offered as a package.
If you do not want to stay in the tents, or share accommodation, well equipped Strandveld rooms are available at an extra charge of R 200 per person per day.
Workshop commences at 17h00 on the Tuesday and ends at 12h00 on the Saturday. If delegates want to book prior to the starting date or stay on after official closure of the course, charges will be extra. Booking for extra stay is necessary.
If you do not want to make use of the total package, bed and breakfast accommodation facilities are available in Gansbaai, about 15 km from the Retreat, for your own account.
Please book in advance to guarantee your place.