The Centre for Play Therapy and Training offers a Level 1 Play Therapy Course (26 hours, 4 days) and a Level 2 Play Therapy Course (22 hours, 3 days). The Centre works within the Gestalt approach to therapy. Upon successful completion, candidates receive certificates. Courses are presented at various locations throughout South Africa.
The Centre for Play Therapy and Training is an SACSSP (South African Council for Social Service Professions), as well as a HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) registered centre and as such a provider of 20 CPD credits per Level 1 Play Therapy and 15 CPD credits per Level 2 Play Therapy courses.
PLAY THERAPY: LEVEL 1 COURSE (25 HOURS, 4 DAYS) 20 CPD credits
The course provides the following:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of play therapy based on the Gestalt approach.
- An ability to communicate significantly and effectively with the child, using play therapy.
- An ability to use creative metaphors to work therapeutically with children.
- An opportunity to practise the different play techniques.
- An ability to assess a child using play therapy.
- An ability to detect and understand the inner child.
PLAY THERAPY: LEVEL 2 COURSE (20 – 22 HOURS, 3 DAYS) 15 CPD credits
The course provides the following:
- An opportunity to implement the theoretical basis of the Level 1 course and integrate advanced Play Therapy and Gestalt knowledge.
- An opportunity to compare the Gestalt approach to other approaches.
- An ability to understand and utilise the process of play therapy.
- An ability to utilise advanced Play Therapy techniques in assessment and treatment, within the framework of the Schoeman model.
Level 1 course: R2,100.00 per person per course.
Level 2 course: R1,950.00 per person per course.
- Extensive study notes at each course.
- Daily lectures from 08h30 to 16h30 (Please note there is a lunch break of one hour each day. Each person attending the course is responsible for his or her own lunch).
- Tea or coffee will be served.
- Practical training sessions (Please wear comfortable clothes).
- Registration will be from 08h00 – 08h30. Receipts will be issued during the day.
- Payment can be done the first morning of the course.
OTHER COURSES OFFERED BY THE CENTRE FOR PLAY THERAPY AND TRAINING
SANDTRAY AND CLAY WORKSHOP – 17 CPD POINTS
Only at Uylenvlei Retreat – see www.uylenvlei-retreat.co.za
- In this hands-on practical Gestalt Sandtray and Clay Workshop, we explore the healing power of human consciousness and how it manifests on the foreground.
- The sandtray/clay experience will be on a practical base, with demonstration and the opportunity to experience it in the group.
- In the sandtray/clay workshop/s it will be aimed to help you uncover barriers to the child´s deepest thoughts and feelings.
PLAY THERAPY FOR SOCIAL WORKERS IN CHILD AND YOUTH CENTRES – A SKILL IN INTERVENTION
20 CPD Credits
Read more here …
There is an urgent need to accommodate couples in all aspects of marriage. Couple Counselling, as developed by a group of GESTALT THERAPISTS, is very successful in applying the model when it is as one couple to a couple. Those couples in training are equipped with the primary aim to do Couple Counselling in their own communities with individual couples.
The course is grounded on a Christian perspective with Field Theory, as theoretical grounding; the Gestalt approach and Paradoxical Theory of Change. The pre-requisites and 12 biases of Gestalt Therapists, Robert and Rita Resnick, are integrated in the training.
Dr Hannie Schoeman, known gestalt- and Marriage Therapist and her husband, Dr Boet Schoeman, offer a residential weekend course in Couple Counselling. Read more here …